Open enrollment for the 2016-17 school year begins November 15 and ends January 29. We will gladly accept applications for all grades K-8. We invite you to join our community of engaged learners.
We will have one classroom of around 25 students for each of the elementary grades (K-5) and two classrooms of about that size for grades 6-8.
Applications are available at our information sessions, where you may also sign up for optional school tours. No RSVP is needed. Sessions are held at Connect and are conducted in English and Spanish. While your children may certainly come, the sessions are geared toward adults. Parking in the neighborhood can be tight. Connect is located at 635 Oakside Ave., Redwood City, CA 94063. We share a campus with Fair Oaks Community School. Please enter on Oakside.
Join us for one of the following sessions. Follow the links below to let us know you’re interested in attending.
November 15 (Sunday) at 3:00 pm
- December 10 (Thursday) at 7:00 pm | RSVP here
- January 10 (Sunday) at 3:00 pm | RSVP here
- January 26 (Tuesday) at 7:00 pm | RSVP here
Please see the application process and timeline below.
If you have questions, or if you are interested in getting on a wait list to join us this year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (650) 562-7190.
Any child may apply to Connect if he or she lives in California and will turn five before September 1 of the school year. There is no admission test and no tuition. We give priority to residents of the Redwood City School District.
- At the conclusion of an open enrollment period, we conduct a public lottery to determine which students were admitted and to create our wait list.
- We are glad to accept additional applications to add to our wait list.
PLEASE NOTE: The enrollment process for Connect is separate from the Redwood City School District. You can find information about that process on the district’s site.
- Our enrollment period begins at our first info session on November 15.
- Applications must be received at the Connect office or by email by 4:00 pm on January 29, 2016.
- We will hold a public lottery on February 6 and notify families right away about the results.
- Families must accept or decline their spots in early March — we will give an exact date.
Students currently enrolled at Connect are automatically offered a place in the next grade. We then fill available spaces in this order:
- Children of Connect founders and staff
- Siblings of continuing students enrolled at Connect for the same school year
- Students who live in the Redwood City School District, in the order chosen during our lottery
- Students from outside the district, in the order chosen during our lottery
If you have questions about the enrollment process, you can reach us at email@example.com or call the office at (650) 562-7190.