Open enrollment for the 2017-18 school year will begin November 13, 2016 and will end January 31, 2017. During that time, we’ll accept applications for all grades. Please see the dates for information sessions and the timeline for our admission process below.
For the 2016-17 school year, we have offered places to students to fill all our grades and placed others on a wait list as a result of our lottery.
We will gladly continue to accept applications for all grades K-8 at any time; new applicants will be added to our wait lists. Please contact the school for more information. We invite you to join our community of engaged learners.
We will have one classroom of around 25 students for each of the elementary grades (K-5) and up to two classrooms of about that size for grades 6-8.
Please see the application process and timeline below.
If you have questions, or if you are interested in getting on a wait list to join us this year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (650) 562-7190.
We warmly invite you to attend an information session to learn more about Connect and decide whether it’s the right fit for your child and family. They are held at Connect, 635 Oakside Avenue, Redwood City. No need to RSVP. Parking in the area can be difficult. Carpool with a friend!
November 13, 2016, 3:00 p.m.
- December 12, 2016, 7:00 p.m.
- January 12, 2017, 7:00 p.m.
- January 22, 2017, 3:00 p.m.
Any child may apply to Connect if he or she lives in California and will turn five before September 1 of the school year. There is no admission test and no tuition. We give priority to residents of the Redwood City School District.
- At the conclusion of an open enrollment period, we conduct a public lottery to determine which students were admitted and to create our wait list.
- We are glad to accept additional applications to add to our wait list.
PLEASE NOTE: The enrollment process for Connect is separate from the Redwood City School District. You can find information about that process on the district’s site.
Timeline: Open Enrollment for the 2017-18 School Year
- Our enrollment period begins at our first info session on November 13, 2016.
- Applications must be received through our online application system by 4:00 pm on January 31, 2017.
- We will hold a public lottery on February 4, 2017 and notify families right away about the results. Those not immediately offered admission are automatically placed on our wait list.
- Families must accept or decline their spots by March 10, 2017, or a date to be announced at the time of the admission offer.
Students currently enrolled at Connect are automatically offered a place in the next grade. We then fill available spaces in this order:
- Children of Connect founders and staff
- Siblings of continuing students enrolled at Connect for the same school year
- Students who live in the Redwood City School District, in the order chosen during our lottery
- Students from outside the district, in the order chosen during our lottery
If you have questions about the enrollment process, you can reach us at email@example.com or call the office at (650) 562-7190.