Open enrollment for the 2016-17 school year began November 15 and ended January 29. We have offered places to students to fill all our grades and placed others on a wait list as a result of our lottery.
We will gladly continue to accept applications for all grades K-8 at any time; new applicants will be added to our wait lists. Please contact the school for more information. We invite you to join our community of engaged learners.
We will have one classroom of around 25 students for each of the elementary grades (K-5) and two classrooms of about that size for grades 6-8.
Please see the application process and timeline below.
If you have questions, or if you are interested in getting on a wait list to join us this year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (650) 562-7190.
Any child may apply to Connect if he or she lives in California and will turn five before September 1 of the school year. There is no admission test and no tuition. We give priority to residents of the Redwood City School District.
- At the conclusion of an open enrollment period, we conduct a public lottery to determine which students were admitted and to create our wait list.
- We are glad to accept additional applications to add to our wait list.
PLEASE NOTE: The enrollment process for Connect is separate from the Redwood City School District. You can find information about that process on the district’s site.
- Our enrollment period begins at our first info session on November 15.
- Applications must be received at the Connect office or by email by 4:00 pm on January 29, 2016.
- We will hold a public lottery on February 6 and notify families right away about the results.
- Families must accept or decline their spots in my March 10.
Students currently enrolled at Connect are automatically offered a place in the next grade. We then fill available spaces in this order:
- Children of Connect founders and staff
- Siblings of continuing students enrolled at Connect for the same school year
- Students who live in the Redwood City School District, in the order chosen during our lottery
- Students from outside the district, in the order chosen during our lottery
If you have questions about the enrollment process, you can reach us at email@example.com or call the office at (650) 562-7190.