We are excited to offer open enrollment for the 2014-2015 school year at Connect Community Charter School. We will have one class each for kindergarten, first, second, and third grades, and two classes each for sixth and seventh grades, and we will accept applications for all of these grades.
Please note: applications for the 2014-2015 school year are not available online. You must attend an information session to receive an application.
Application Process and Schedule
Any child may apply to Connect if he or she lives in California and will turn five before September 1, 2014. There is no admission test and no tuition. We give priority to residents of the Redwood City School District.
- The wait list from the current school year does not carry over to the next year. Students from the current wait list must re-apply.
- To apply for admission, parents must first attend one of our information sessions. These sessions will give you information about the school and help you decide whether it is a good fit for your child. Please see the schedule below for details on the dates, times, and location.
- We will hand out applications for admission at our information sessions. The application must be completed and returned to us by Friday, January 31 (see the schedule below).
- If more students wish to attend than we have space for, we will hold a public lottery to choose those who are admitted and to create a wait list. Our lottery will be held Saturday, February 8, 2014.
- Results of the lottery will be announced by February 10, 2014.
- Families will be asked to accept or decline their place at Connect by Monday, March 3, 2014.
Information Sessions and School Tours
Families interested in applying to Connect must attend an information session, where we will demonstrate and discuss the school’s philosophy and approach to education. We offer four information sessions, which will all be held at Connect, 635 Oakside Ave., Redwood City. You do not need to let us know you are coming, but please leave plenty of time for parking. The dates and times are:
- Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 12, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
We will also offer school tours for prospective families. Sign-ups for the school tours will be available at information sessions.
Admission and Lottery Priorities
Students currently enrolled at Connect are automatically offered a place in the next grade. This year, we have students in kindergarten, first, second, and sixth grades, so we expect that next year’s first, second, third, and seventh grades will largely be filled with returning students. However, after we have offered places to all returning students, we may have some spaces available in each available grade, and we will especially need applicants for our kindergarten (one class) and sixth grade (two classes). We fill available spaces in this order:
- Children of Connect founders and staff
- Siblings of continuing students enrolled at Connect for the same school year
- Students who live in the Redwood City School District, in the order chosen during our lottery
- Students from outside the district, in the order chosen during our lottery
If you have questions about the enrollment process, you can reach us at email@example.com or call the office at (650) 562-7190.
Current Year Wait List
If you would like to be placed on the wait list for the current school year, you may still submit an application. Your child will be placed at the end of the wait list, which will not carry over to next year. This year, we offer classes for kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 6th grades. Download the application form: English | Spanish or call us if you would like us to mail you one: (650) 562-7193.